Industrial Products | Hydraulic Hose
For Safety's sake
Be sure to read the following before use.
- Bridgestone Hydraulic hose, couplings, and accessories are developed for hydraulic components.
Follow each product's application and specification. Avoid hose burst, leakage, and other dangers by following important steps.
1 Proper usage
- Do not touch a pressurized hydraulic hose assembly with any part of your body.
- If hoses, couplings or accessories are broken, and a fluid touches the skin, even if no pain is felt, a serious injury including burns may be caused. In case of JAT/JAM series, be sure to use safety chains.
Use of plastic hose guards will help a person avoid injury.
- System working pressure should not exceed the rated working pressure of the hose assembly.
- Exceeding the rated working pressure of the hose may result in the hose bursting or hose coupling blow-off.
Follow the maximum working pressure ratings listed in this catalog.
- Protect hose from abrasions.
- If the hose reinforcement is exposed, it is susceptible to rust and accelerated damage leading to serious failure like hose burst. If it is found, replace with a new one.
- Avoid applications where the hose is or will be twisted or pulled.
- Twisting or stretching a hydraulic hose under pressure may result in hose bursting or hose coupling blow-off.
If it is found, replace with a new one, then install a live swivel joint.
- Do not snap the hose.
- Snapping and deforming will lead to hose burst, leakage, and hose coupling blow-off. If found, replace with a new one.
- Do not apply an electrical current to a hose assembly.
- Electrifying a hose may lead to a hose failure or an electric shock.
- Tighten hose assemblies to the recommended torque.
- If tightening is improper, there are possibilities of leakage, connection portion breakage, and separation. Be sure to apply the recommended torque by using a torque spanner. In case of over torque, replace with a new one. In case of under torque, retighten with the recommended torque.
- Use compatible hydraulic fluid
- The use of an incompatible hydraulic fluid will deteriorate the inner tube and the reinforcement resulting in the hose bursting or coupling hose coupling blow-off.
- Avoid the usage exceeding the minimum bending radius
- The usage exceeding the minimum bending radius may cause hose burst and leakage. Be sure to follow the specified minimum bending radius.
- Avoid excessive vibration
- Excessive vibration may cause leakage and hose coupling blow-off by fatigue.
- Avoid the usage exceeding applicable temperature
- The usage exceeding applicable temperature may cause leakage and hose coupling blow-off.
- Avoid vacuum pressure (except for suction hose)
- Excessive vacuum pressure may result in the inner tube damage which leads to hose failure.
- Avoid submerging hose assemblies in water or any other liquid.
- Hose assemblies submerged in water are exposed to external pressure which will reduce the service life of a hose and/or have bad effect or hose assembly performance.
- Remove all air from hydraulic hose assemblies.
- Air may cause damage to the inner tube which will lead to hose failure.
- Follow minimum hose exposed length
- Follow minimum hose exposed length. Improper length may reult in inferior performance to catalog specification.
- Never repair or rework a hose assembly.
- Old or used hose assemblies do not have the same physical characteristics as a new hose and cannot be used.
Old hoses or damaged hoses should be replared with new one, and should not be repaired or reworked.
2 Warranty period
Warranty period is impulse cycle number or each specified period, whichever comes earlier .
3 Preventive maintenance
Before use, check the following points. If any, replace with a new one.
Physical damage, blister, exposed reinforcement, kinking, hose coupling blow-off,leakage etc.
JIS B8360,8362,8364 recommend that hoses should be changed every 2 years.
- Cap the couplings or hose cut ends
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Do not expose to corrosive gas, oil or chemicals
- Store in dark and dry place at the temperature between -10℃ and +40℃ (14°F to 104°F)
- For safety's sake, list the above warnings in your catalogue in order to avoid miss-use of products by end users.
- This symbol indicates failure to comply with the indications will cause personal death or injury
- This symbol indicates failure to comply with the indications may cause personal death or injury.
- This symbol indicates failure to comply with the indications may cause personal injury or physical damage.